Jillian Homes believes that the homes we build should be energy efficient. Below are some of the green features which will be implemented in building your energy efficient home.
- High efficiency water heaters
- ENERGY STAR Appliances
- ENERGY STAR Lighting Fixtures
- Tight Envelope Construction
- High Efficiency HVAC Systems
Water is one of New Mexico’s most precious resources. Jillian Homes building practices enables you to use less of this resource. Our homes are equipped with:
- WaterSense low-flow/flush plumbing fixtures
- ENERGY STAR dishwashers, clothes washers and water heaters
- Xeric landscaping and drip irrigation
INDOOR AIR QUALITY
In the past few years, much has been learned about the positive health aspects of limiting off-gassing of paints and stains. A healthier environment is the result of a home where finishes give off fewer chemicals.
- Jillian Homes utilizes paints and stains that have fewer Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
- We also offer Green Label carpeting and pads – The Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) provides Green Label testing and certification for carpet, carpet backing, cushions and adhesives that emit low VOCs.
IMPROVED DURABILITY & REDUCED MAINTENANCE
Jillian Homes incorporates durable materials and finishes which reduce future maintenance, giving our homeowners peace of mind knowing that less of their time and money will be spent on home maintenance.
- Xeric landscaping and drip irrigation- These plants usually require little care, and since the water is targeted at the root zone, there are fewer weeds to pull.
- Solid surface counters- Another easy care surface that is produced by some regional manufacturers.
- UNSURPASSED “36 Month Bumper to Bumper” warranty.
Preserving resources is an important part of the Jillian Homes building philosophy. Listed below are building practices we implement to reduce our impact on the planet:
- Advance framing techniques
- Low water use plumbing fixtures
- Recycling construction waste
Going green has never been easier or more important than right now. Research shows that becoming more energy efficient not only has a positive effect on the environment but can also lower your energy bills and improve your overall health. In fact, going green can reduce airborne particles that are believed to cause cancer, asthma and cardiovascular diseases.
Green Building Contractor
Green building contractors are tasked with keeping job sites as green as possible from start to finish. This can hold several benefits for homeowners.
Short-Term Benefits of Green Building
Some effects of green building are felt immediately:
- Improved indoor air quality
- More efficient use of energy, resulting in reduced energy costs
- Efficient water consumption to reduce waste
- Reduced building waste during construction
Long-Term Benefits of Green Building
The effects of green building are felt long after construction is complete:
- Smaller carbon footprint
- Better health for the inhabitants of the property and the local community
- Higher property value, as eco-buildings are becoming increasingly popular among investors who invest in ESG projects
ENERGY STAR Certified Home
For green buildings to become ENERGY STAR certified, green building contractors need to ensure these homes meet a minimum standard. At Jillian Homes, we choose the right configuration and types of appliances, HVACs, ducting, lighting and layout designs to meet these requirements.
Home Water Efficiency
There are several areas that we’ve identified where water efficiency can be maximized. These include the kitchen, where ENERGY STAR can replace old, dated and uneconomical appliances. We can fit the bathroom and kitchen with low-pressure taps and install an water-efficient irrigation system in the landscaping process.
Green Homebuilders FAQs
Why Should You Consider Building Green?
Going green not only is in the best interest of the planet but also can help bring down your costs and efforts to warm, cool or operate your property. Choosing a green contractor can help you get there faster.
What Are Common Mistakes Homeowners Make When Designing a Green Home?
When not undertaken by competent professionals, green projects can go wrong. Here are a few ways how:
- Building rooms that are too big, as these are difficult to regulate in terms of temperature
- Choosing the wrong materials for the job
- Spending too little time on insulation and weatherproofing
- Not taking the environment into consideration before building, which can lead to damage, leakages, drainage issues and environmental damage
- Not using the climate to its best advantage (e.g., facing the property in the wrong direction)
What Qualifies a Home as a Certified Green Home?
While small efforts to becoming a green home can be commended, a certified green home needs to meet a minimum standard. It needs to meet the ENERGY STAR blue level, which focuses on the efficient use of building materials, water and appliances.
Jillian Homes offers you an affordable, innovative, energy efficient home with superior quality, outstanding value, backed by unequaled customer service. Jillian Homes is proud to be a leader in the industry in Quality, Value and Customer Service. Fill out our online form and someone will get back to you as soon as we can. Thank you for choosing Jillian Homes!