OUR DESIGN PROCESS
THE JILLIAN WAY
At Jillian Homes our mission is to build innovative, energy efficient homes with superior quality, outstanding value, backed by unequaled customer service.
With well over 50 years of combined experience, dedication, and exceptional standards…quality home building has been the hallmark of the founders of Jillian Homes.
Our goal at Jillian Homes is to eliminate any opportunities for frustration, discouragement, and complication that may arise when building your new home. Management and communication is key to any successful project, and is the mission of our dedicated team.
We have established tools and guidelines to ensure that our homeowners have a wonderful experience throughout the entire process; from contract signing to actual move in.
During the initial consultation you will meet our Design/Build Team. This first meeting is very informative and will reinforce that we are the best team for you.
- Initial expectations and industry options will be discussed, such as: budget, time frame, square footage, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, style of house, energy efficiency, and ultimately, clarification of your vision.
- Next, a scheduled tour to visit your home site with your Design/Build Team will take place. This visit will determine what opportunities and challenges the site presents as well as determine a preliminary desired location for your home.
PERSONALIZED HOME DESIGN
We will begin with a “Lifestyle Analysis” which enables us to design and, ultimately, build a home that truly fits your lifestyle. With the aid of this analysis, we will explore and define design options and corresponding budgets.
- Further clarify your vision.
- Square Foot Cost Analysis to guide your early design choices.
- Set a realistic project program and time line.
- Inspect your site thoroughly including preliminary structural research, measurements and photos.
- Generate drawings of your site.
- Preliminary research of codes, zoning, municipality and deed requirements relevant to your project.
- Create and present Schematic Designs, Plans, Elevations, Sketches and Perspectives to illustrate your vision.
CUSTOM BUDGET & SELECTIONS
An itemized cost breakdown will be presented. This cost breakdown will include ‘allowances and assumptions’ which are individual budgets for specific aspects of your home.
- We will assist you in making informed decisions regarding your options for appliances, fixtures, flooring and other materials and define design choices that correspond with your budget.
- Preparation of a Design & Build Contract with your target budget and scope defined.
PLANS, SPECS, & FINAL BUDGET
Once the scope and target budget have been identified, the Jillian Homes Team will develop all design details to finalize your specific requirements and budget.
- Implementation of product selection into construction documents.
- Client approval of final plans and specifications.
- Preparation and submission of detailed technical documents for plan review and permits.
- Present construction schedule and project staging requirements.
- Upon resolution of cost and scope issues and approval of construction documents, we will present a “Final Build Budget”.
- Jillian Homes guarantees that your home will be completed, according to approved construction documents, within the “Final Build Budget”.
BUILDING YOUR DREAM
Quality home building is the hallmark of the founders of Jillian Homes. Our professional construction management and experienced tradesmen join together to bring your vision to reality.
- Regular meetings with your Project Leader to review production progress, scheduling and budgets.
- An efficient Job Close process ensuring your expectations have been met.
- “36 Month Bumper to Bumper” warranty. The best comprehensive coverage in the market! If any problems arise in the first thirty-six months, due to construction, materials or installation, we will repair or replace at no additional cost to you.
- Upon move-in, you will receive a “Home Owner’s Manual” that will help you to properly use, maintain, care-for, repair, and appreciate your investment.